Monday, August 23, 2010

Fed up with my deadbeat family. Advice, what do you think?

My husband and I are the ones everyone can count on. Its taken me a while, but I'm officially over it. I am no longer willing to go the extra mile for people that can't even call us back or send an occasional card or email. My son (2 yrs. old) recently had to be rushed to the hospital, and nobody came to see him - not even after he was released to go home. Its made me realize our relationships are one sided, and that me and my husband are exhausting ourselves to make everyone else's life easier. I turned off the ringers on my phones, deleted the deadbeat cousins I have off my myspace, and I'm willing to just live life without them. If they don't want to make the effort then I don't have the time for their crisis' or trials and tribulations. What are your thoughts? (I know it sounds extreme, but this has been coming for years now.)Fed up with my deadbeat family. Advice, what do you think?
Get out of that. That is not a healthy relationship. You should associate yourself with people who are going to actually care about you.Fed up with my deadbeat family. Advice, what do you think?
That's great! You are doing the right thing! You can't keep putting everyone first, you have a family who needs you and you should be there for them (your husband and kids). They will realize soon enough what they are missing! My husband and I are in the same boat as you, but I haven't gotten to the point or enough ';balls'; to do what you did! Good luck, I hope your son is better!
You have to do what is best for you and your family. Blood doesn't make family actions do. Family should care about you and be people that are there for you in time of need. I bet you have Friends that fit that better than your family. I say go with it if they come around later than they can prove they deserve the right tho know you and your family then.
move or make some new friends you can count on, it sounds like people aren't friendly in the place you are living
Sounds like you have the right idea...don't be bitter but just cut them off. They'll soon realize that they have been using you and then your true friends will call and be nicer.
Sounds like you have the right idea.
All I can say is ';What goes around comes around'; and they are really going to miss all that you have done for them

No comments:

Post a Comment