Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice for a mormon family of 3 moving to abu dhabi.?

Please help with some inside information for members of the LDS church who are living and working in Abu Dhabi. I would like information on where to live, shop, schools, etc.... Advice for a mormon family of 3 moving to abu dhabi.?
How mormon are you? My gut reaction is to tell you not to come. I know there are a few (at least 1) Christian churches here, but I do not go and don't really know anyone that does. Abu Dhabi is not an extremely easy place to live, esp. right now with the rents being out of control. Find out first if your company will provide accommodation or if you have to look for it yourself. Make sure if you have to look for yourself you get a decent amount or you will not find anywhere to live.





Sorry I do not know too much about religions of my friends as I feel it is offensive to ask.








The previous answer was prob. true 5 or so years ago...Advice for a mormon family of 3 moving to abu dhabi.?
always eat what you are offered, women must alwasy wear long pants as not to offend the Muslim coomunity, the muslim men may look at you weird becaus eyou are not wearing the burqua. I wish I could remember the customs there as what to do and not to do, but I went to kuwait they are more westernized there. They have ramadan in september for 30 days where they fast two meals and then eat a meal at night, I would find out the basics about islam just for my info. I would ask a military person about curtosys becasue if you do something you arn't suppose to do, you might offend someone and not knwo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment