Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need advice for sharing my work with family.?

I'm a young writer and have just finished a short story. I'm really shy about sharing my work, especially with my family. Not because I'm afraid of their reaction; I know they wouldn't do anything like make fun of me or say it's stupid. I'm just not sure how to go about asking them to read it. Any help would be immensely appreciated.Need advice for sharing my work with family.?
A bit odd, but, none my family (wife included) have read my book. It sat around (in manuscript form) in everyones face for two years, and though it is now published, they have still yet to read it...Need advice for sharing my work with family.?
i know the feeling! i always find it hard showing people, but my family are always really interested in reading my work and like to offer suggestions and i'm sure yours would be the same.





i would print out a copy of your finished story and just hand it to your mum or dad and ask them if they can edit it for you, tell you if there is anything they as a reader would like changed etc. that way there is a reason you're showing them and they have some guidelines of things to say. unless you've studied literature it's sometimes hard to know what to say about a story.





good luck, it's normal to feel nervous about showing people so just do it and you'll be glad!
first you need to edit your story


look online for a picture you think would go (Deviantart.com has great photography!)


buy a binder


print your story


put picture on front and the story inside


if your shy to ask your family members to read it then just lay it around in places that will be obvious for them to see it and leave a blank sheet of paper in the back of your story for their feedback and mistakes you might have not caught


answer mine please!


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
I had a similar problem. What i did was pretend it was a class assigment and it would help if they read it to check for mistakes.





Hopes this helps.
Just ask them. Finish a story, edit it, and then ask them to read it.
';Hey, mom, dad, wanna read something I wrote?'; :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment