Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am looking for a Christian career where I can help people, but still need to support my family. Advice?

My giftings are welcoming people, talking to them, getting to know them. Plugging them in somewhere. I also am very organized. I have experience with writing and editing/proofreading. I've also been told I have an excellent speaking voice and should be a DJ (though I have no broadcast schooling).


I'm looking to get out of the secular career I have and start fresh working for God. I'm just having trouble finding something that fits my experience and what I'm interested in that also pays decently (enough to support my wife and eventual children). I'm not looking for a super high salary, just something to live on.


If anyone has any advice on where I can look or what path I should go down, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.I am looking for a Christian career where I can help people, but still need to support my family. Advice?
Whatever job you do is the Lord's work. You work for God no matter what you do, so find something you think you can do and enjoy for a very long time. There is not a lot of money in pastoral ministry, but there are usually available jobs. Thing is, the average pastor has to find another job about every three years. This is very rough on the family. But if you have a good secular career where you can be a light for God, then you can help in your church, and even pursue certificates and such that would qualify you to help more there if you like.





If you are intent on being a professional Christian, consider getting a degree in Christian counseling, as such counselors seem to always have work. Or, you could find a parachurch ministry and start working with them. Almost everything is going to require some qualification or experience unless you are willing to really start over from the ground up. I could talk more on this if you like.I am looking for a Christian career where I can help people, but still need to support my family. Advice?
Christians are not exclusive. Go out and find a job that helps others. There are many wonderful not for profit organizations you can be a part of.





The fact that you need to be a part of some exclusive Christian organization is bogus and flies in the face of everything Jesus taught.





Stop looking for excuses not to work and get off your butt.
Sounds as if you might want to look into counseling or social work as a profession. You'd probably need to take lots of classes, but if you're aiming to work in service to God, then you can rely on Him to help you.





Above all, PRAY about it! Lay your heart and mind wide-open before the Lord every morning, and then get out there and let Him direct your steps.





May God bless you and your family with peace and prosperity!
Ask the Lord were he wants you to use your Gifts and what you would be best at and where acknowledge him in all your ways and he shall direct your path Be blessed Lisa
I would suggest maybe the Coast Guard, I was in the Marine Corps and your qualities show that you might do well in the military, the Coast Guard is also non-deployable and you will get all the military benifets that the goverment offers without the chance of getting sent over seas. There are religious paths that you can take in the military, I don't know exactly what they are called for the Guard but in the Corps we have Chaplains, who are part of the Navy. The C.G. should have something similiar.
An honest days work for an honest days pay is a Christian's way!
TRAVELING OVERSEER!!!





FULL TIME PIONEER?


http://www.watchtower.org/
Go back to school and get a degree in Theology than find an Evalengical Christian TV minister and hook up with their organization...I am sure they'll have something for you to do. Frankly, you don't need to work for God (if there is one) you need to work for the good of Humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment