Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm researching family history in Flintshire, Wales - any advice?

My Great Granparents (Wright/ Reece) are from Flintshire in Wales (specifically Hawarden) and whilst I can easily obtain their birth certs etc as I get further down the line it gets harder. Does anyone know any resources I can use to research them - obtain info from parish records etc without having to go to Wales or Chester (much as i'd like to!)?





Thanks!I'm researching family history in Flintshire, Wales - any advice?
UK answer.


I would use www.ancestry.co.uk they have millions of records covering England and Wales, and you can even search the 1881 Wales census for free.


1901 Wales


1891 Wales


* 1881 Wales*


1871 Wales


1861 Wales


1851 Wales


1841 Wales


You can buy pay per view vouchers and if you need any help to get you started here in the UK you can email me through my profile or you can post a couple of names on the forum, providing they are long gone of course. I am sure there are lots of people chomping at the bit to find the information for you.


Hope this helps.


The site posted below is the Mormon site and that is completely free.


http://www.familysearch.org/I'm researching family history in Flintshire, Wales - any advice?
My mom does genealogy. We are from Sunderland, England. I know this is vague but she checks a mormon site where they keep a lot of records, not just of mormons.(I know, i'm very helpful) And she goes to a free genealogy site where people swap information and she emails people from the site. She has gotten quite far back and all from research she has done from Canada lol Im sorry, how useless. Maybe just search Mormon records genealogy, its very popular so it shouldn't be hard to find. Hopefully someone will give you an actual helpful answer. Sorry
  • laura mercier
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment