Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My family needs a lot of advice what changes the should make. What should Mr. and Mrs. joe do?

Mr. and Mrs. Joe don't know what to do about their fourteen-year-old son, James. He's very intelligent but has no interest in school or in learning. His grades are getting worse, but he won't do any homework. Sometimes he skips school without permission, and then he writes an excuse for the school and sings his mother's name.My family needs lot of advice, can someone help?My family needs a lot of advice what changes the should make. What should Mr. and Mrs. joe do?
they should try to show their son that they are there for him and that he can talk to them about anything and hopefully he can tell them whats really wrong and why he's not motivated in school...they have to be sensitive, non-judgmental, supportive, encouraging, and overall interested in whats going on with their son...i'm not exactly sure what the problem is with their son but this is my story: i was always the smart girl and the one who wanted to do perfect in school and who wanted to get good grades so i can get away from my horrible family by going to a good college and had the potential to get scholarships...i started slip at 15, my sophomore year in high school, i literally went from straight A's from that year to straight F's my senior year, my home life was very difficult at the time and my dad wouldn't bother to listen to me when i needed to talk to him about school or my friends he basically shut me out all the time...my mom doesn't live with us and i couldn't talk to her either because she is too caught up with her life to listen about mine...because of all the stress, i couldn't focus in class because all i was thinking about was finding a way out...i started hanging out with people years older than me who had already graduated high school who were real bad influences and i started ditching school and going to my boyfriends house to get high to the point where i would eventually pass out...i started becoming depressed and the fact that my dad didn't even notice or care when i did try to share stuff with him didn't help so things got worse...i missed so much school i couldn't walk at my graduation and had to make up my classes at adult school...looking back i hate how things turned out, but the whole time all i wanted was for my parents to care about me and just to listen to me...they need to be in contact with the school and his councilor to keep on top of when he's missing school and have talks with his teachers to see how he can be motivated, he might not like the idea of parent involvement but he'll realize later on it was for the best...good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment