Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need real good advice about my split family? I want to know what you think is best for my children.

I am feeling very conflicted over some events that have happened in the past couple of weeks. I have two children from a previous marriage and my ex has started dating the sixth woman in the past 2 years. He has also had his oldest son, whom is 18, move back in with his 7 month old child. I really need advice on what would be in the best interest of my children.


My husband was in an accident this past week and I have been very good at calling the hospital to see how he is doing and letting him talk to my children. Each time he is on the phone he asks my youngest if he wants to speak with his girlfriend. This makes me very angry because he has only been dating this woman for about 4 weeks and she feels that it is ok to tell my child that she loves him and misses him. I have never spoken to this woman or met her and with my ex's track record, I feel that this creates some anxiety on my part and is not good for the children. I proceeded to tell him the next time that we spoke that it made me feel uncomfortable and he stated that I should not be calling the hospital and that if something bad happened to me, then he would not call to check on me. He explained that we need to limit our conversations to being about the kids only. My children are very young (6 %26amp; 3) and my oldest is disabled. I feel that it is my duty to make sure that he is ok and vise versa. Am I wrong for thinking this?


On another bad point, my ex has visitation for 3 days out of the week because he fought with an attorney through the divorce and I could not. He was awarded the 3 days per week because that was the way he could get out of paying child support. I was not happy but I could not do anything since Florida is an equal rights state. I know I am jumping around here, but with the children staying with him 3 days out of the week, they are not able to have their own room because of the other teenage boys living in the home and with another baby in tow. I feel that this is not healthy for them.


I could go on and on, but I guess we can start here.I need real good advice about my split family? I want to know what you think is best for my children.
Your situation is what YOU make it out to be. Your children ALWAYS come first. Your ex has drawn the line and has told you what he would do if the tables were turned...wow! Be careful with your children when it's time for them to stay with their father...especially now that things have changed in his house. Your children are your first priority and NOT your ex.I need real good advice about my split family? I want to know what you think is best for my children.
Cannot change some one else's behavior but you can take control of this situation..raise your children up rightly..and focus on being the best mother you can be. Life is not want we always want it to be..but take it one day at at time..maybe in time as they all grow up..children will see the truth..they will know right from wrong..now is the time to teach them to be the best that they are be..
  • laura mercier
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment