Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Isn't it sad that I have no family and I have to get motherly advice off YA?

I'm feeling sorry for myself as I don't have a mother or a grandmother and I want someone to tell me it's OK to raise my child off YA.





I'm crying because I feel so alone - can you reassure me that all will be OKIsn't it sad that I have no family and I have to get motherly advice off YA?
I have an adopted mom, a biological mother, and a mother in law and the only one I trust at all when it comes to child rearing is my Mom-in-law!! Even with her we do not see eye to eye on a lot of things!! Like when I waited a little longer than most moms to start feeding my child solid foods (I had terrible food allergies and didn't want my child to have the same thing) she kept trying to tell me he needed to eat!! I looked at her and said,';Does he look like he is starving???'; I get most of my parenting advice from here!! Well, that and the EC forum and an extended breastfeeding forum. My little man (13 mo) seems pretty healthy and happy!! And I have found that instead of just one opinion to choose from, on here you have many and can figure out which one really fits your situation!!Isn't it sad that I have no family and I have to get motherly advice off YA?
its ok to get advice off yahoo but you need a real life support group that you can actually see. Do you go to church? i don't have the kind of parents i can actually go to for advise but i have found support from other mothers in my church. also another group is called MOMS club. they get together about once a week. it is really neat because you can visit with other mothers while your children also get to be around other children. it is so refreshing.





heres the link





http://www.momsclub.org/





i hope this helps
Everything will definitely be alright. At least you've got YA. Can you imagine what motherless daughters did generations ago? Maybe you can look for other women in your family or your community to mentor you as a new mom. Believe me, there are no shortage of women willing to give you the benefit of their new mom experience!
Do you have any other family (i.e. female cousins, aunts) with children that you admire, maybe even friends? It doesn't always have to be from your mother or grandmother where you learn to parent. I LOVE my mom and my grandma, but would I raise a child 100% by what they said? No, because I agree they have made some mistakes, although all in all did some quality parenting. You have common sense don't you? With good common sense you can raise a child. I would also reccomend parenting books, but I would research which one is the best to buy because some are just trash. Good Luck!!!
there are plenty of moms in your type of situation, sometimes having someone isn't always better (crappy, deadbeat, etc) there are moms on a couple of websites that you can talk with, one i know of thats easy to talk on is www.cafemom.com. its just for moms to be, moms, grandmas. there are groups to join based on ages (16-35 yrs is the typical age range), locations, single/divorced/separated, and many others, other sites with good information are listed below
http://www.CafeMom.com has a lot of supportive mothers. You can find some locally to talk to. There are groups you can join. EVERYONE on the site is a mother to at least one child. Think Myspace for Mothers Only. You can upload pictures of your precious bundle, ask advice, give advice. It's like Yahoo Answers, but much more focused on providing support solely for all mothers out there. Most of the people I know on the site are single mothers, as well, and they're great to talk to when you're feeling down.





It's okay! Everyone gets down once in a while. Everyone needs pick-me-ups, and the internet is convenient when you're raising Baby because talking on the phone is such a hassle when Baby's fussy or when you don't want to wake him up but nobody can understand you over the phone because you're whispering. And it's faster than snail-mail. And, best yet, you don't have to go out and go out of your way to find people to talk to or ';hang out'; with -- you don't have to get Baby ready or mess up his daily routine so that you can spend just a couple minutes with a friend. We're all right here for you!





It will all be okay.
i think its fine, i have support but still like to see what other mothers are doing with the same problems.........occasionally you get the dumb people who say stupid things and may make you doubt yourself, but dont read them ones.....do you have child health nurses close by? i know they arent like a mother but you can tell them anything and they've seen it all......my nurse came to me the other day asked how i was and i said ';good'; then burst into tears, she gave me a hug and assured me how im feeling is normal.......it was weird but comforting also..........it must be hard having no support like that, i have heaps of support in terms of mothers x2 grandamas x 2 aunties x4 dads x 2 sisters x 2 etc and i know i''d be a mess without them......hang in there, if you can than your stronger than you know!!!
hey whats wrong with YA I get heaps of advise of here, its good to know that other people are experiencing the same problems as you, have you done a mothers group that can really help you to talk to other mothes whose babies are around the same age, i go to one and i enjoy getting out of the house once a week and talking to other mothers and being reassured im not the only one, also make sure you arnt depressed, if you dont feel right then go speak to a doctor!! your doing a great job, im sure thats what your mum would say to you.
everyone feels alone, really we do. some may not say they do but its true. Everything will be okay as long as you realize the world isn't perfect like the stories on t.v or in books. Life kinda sucks at times but you shouldn't focus on the bad, but rather on the good. It will make you feel a lot better, and I don't see any kind of problem raising a child off YA, I mean your communicating with the world, who better to talk to?
Yes - and harder for the Dads out there. :(


There are usually other mothers around, at the shops, play centres, malls; who love to dote and give out advice.





In the end it is your child and you should treat *any* advice with a grain of salt - and then do what is best for your child.





You are never alone.
i was adopted and raised my kids on dr.spocks baby book because we didn,t get along at all.but now you have ya and there are doctors and nurses on here,so do what you have to do.but in an emergency take the child to a doctor or er.be safe.don,t feel alone,God and his angel,s are with you.you are loved by people on here.there are caring people on this website believe me.God Bless
I have no family that can advise me either. It is sad but not your fault! It will be ok. Find a few friends you can confide in. Sometimes people on here are MEAN! Well I am here I don't know everything but I have 3 kids! LOL
you can email me at jen_mom2maddy@yahoo.com if you have any questions





i have 2 baby girls 10and22 months andi was a preschool teacher so i would like to think i know it all...well at least to age 5 lol
sweet heart.... Your never alone! You have no sisters, aunts? friends? You do have a family, because everyone has a family :) email me at babygurl_141506@yahoo.com
It's fine. People do it everyday. You need to see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment