Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My boyfriend doesn't seem to fit in with my family. Advice?

I love my boyfriend. When we're alone we have a great time. However, when we're with my family (my brother %26amp; his wife, my sister %26amp; her husband) I feel so uncomfortable becasue he just doesn't seem to fit in. I think it's matter of different humor. He's sensitive about the way we all razz each other. And then he tells jokes that aren't funny. For some reason he just seems like the outsider. How can I get this to stop bothering me? Does anybody have a similar situation where your partner doesn't fit in, but you love him so it doesn't matter? How do you deal with it?My boyfriend doesn't seem to fit in with my family. Advice?
My husband and I do not fit well with my family. We both fit in with his though.





We just sit on the side-lines together and interject with a comment once in a while. Also we ask questions to others to see if we can spark up a conversation.





Last night we went to my family's dinner and they played a game after dinner. We had fun, but my husband didn't play that game. He was included in other small ways. The second game that we pulled out, he did participate.





It will take time and you might never be truly blended. You have to accept it and try to adjust. Beforehand, I will give my husband tips on how to deal with my family and we talk about the visit in the car afterwards for future visits.My boyfriend doesn't seem to fit in with my family. Advice?
There is a cultural difference between my fiance %26amp; my family. At first it was weird because he didn't get their off color jokes( nothing racist, just crude). Eventually, he started to get confident around them %26amp; picked up their since of humor. My family loves him now. Your bf is going to eventually do the same thing. He just has to get use to the way u guys are 2gether. He'll adjust
i can see where you are coming from...but give him some time to warm up. not every fits in at first. and if he still doesn't fit make sure you take to talk one on one about. it would be easier for him to know how you feel and you both work together.





Also, finding a common interest is a good idea; try an activity that you all enjoy. I don't feel that I fit in with my boyfriends family, and i think its because i don't speak spanish = )





Good Luck!
Some people just don't fit in I stay home when my wife go's to her family stuff they are way too loud for me and I do not fit in but it does not effect my wife and I sometimes you have to separate family and lover
my boyfriend doesn't fit in with my family either. its always really awkward. but i just talked to my family and him about how i felt, and now theres less friction between anyone when we all go out somewhere, you should do the same (:
I had my boyfriend to stop telling jokes that wasn't funny.And I told him to just smile and laugh at the family jokes.I don't stay to long.A person can only stand so much.
well.....just relax and dont even mind the family eventually he will fall in place meanwhile dont let the relationship drag due to family, as long as he fits in with you thats all that matters
Well...I was there. When I started dating my wife I found that I didnt fit in with her family. And after 7 years i still dont.
Well you are wise to take this into consideration, for should you get married to him someday, this will be an ongoing issue. If your family is not intentionally treating him like an outsider, then I don't think its a big problem. If you feel the two of you are a good match, just remember that you marry the person, not for family approval. Inlaws don't always mix well, but that doesn't mean your relationship can't work. It would be more of a problem if your family treated him badly or was rejecting of him or vice versa. If bf is as loveable as you find him to be, eventually your family will embrace him for his good qualities. If not, how important is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment