Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Grandparents born in Scotland. I want to relocate my family to Scotland. Any advice how? Hubby is a chef/mgr?

My husband and I want to relocate to Scotland or Ireland. We are in the restaurant industry and I really want to discover my roots and introduce my children to their heritage. I just don't have a clue where to begin.Grandparents born in Scotland. I want to relocate my family to Scotland. Any advice how? Hubby is a chef/mgr?
Not enough info in your question , we don't know where you want to move from, and I don't know why you would pick Ireland as a second choice?


The only suggestion I can make is that if you can afford it take a holiday in Scotland first and suss it all out when you get there. I'm sure there are plenty of jobs going in the chf/mgr area.(The Scottish are not renowned for their cooking abilities)


If you can't afford the advanced trip, you can't really afford to relocate, that would cost a fortune( depending where you are coming from)!Grandparents born in Scotland. I want to relocate my family to Scotland. Any advice how? Hubby is a chef/mgr?
www.chefsearch.co.uk

Report Abuse



I'm in Scotland , where are you coming from? Does everyone have passports and good health etc , its the first thing they will ask,








Why do you want to come here ? Its freezing , expensive,over run with incoming foreign workers, the wages are terrible, Fuel is through the roof, need I go on?
Depending on where you're coming from, you could get a nasty shock when you realise the cost of living in Scotland. I agree that coming over for a holiday first would be a great idea. You'll see that there are big differences between lowland/highland/urban and rural areas. Try visitscotland.com for info. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment