Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I had a psychotic episode and admitted myself to hospital on family advice?

Although I didn't realise it at the time I had lost it big time. When I was being admitted into hospital my family were asking 'what's wrong with her'. The doctors said they didn't know and it could have been caused by a number of things. They said sometimes it is caused by the family and what I noticed when I was in hospital is that most people there had problems and blamed their family, I remember doing a case study at college about a girl called Ruby whose family constantly lied to her about who she was when she knew the truth and knew they were lying but they still denied it. This eventually sent her round the twist. Psychologist experts out there is this a common theme, the parent thing?I had a psychotic episode and admitted myself to hospital on family advice?
It's far more comforting to blame somebody, or something, else than it is to acknowledge ones own failings. This way, if it's not our fault then why should we be the one to change our ways? (Selfishness.) Passing the blame onto another when the fault falls squarely on us is a common trend these days.





But, more than that, we're a society of sympathy whores. We want to feel like the victim when, all too frequently, we're the villain. The resulting sympathy then goes on to reinforce this victim mentality. The truth, though, is that we simply don't want to accept responsibility for our own actions. (Immaturity, Selfishness.)





Perhaps its a form of social psychosis or, in lesser cases, neurosis. Maybe it's something they put in the water. Maybe it's just an accute form of attention seeking.I had a psychotic episode and admitted myself to hospital on family advice?
Since you didn't say what your problem is it's hard to determine anything. The family isn't always to blame and most people want to push the blame on someone else.
This is very tricky for me to answer as I know of stories where things are 'covered-up' by the Doctors. The main thing here is your own personal well-being. Why do you think your being lied to? When you've come down from whatever peak you were at, are things still seeming suspicious? Is there anything about you that would need to be kept to yourself so as not to make certain other people aware?


I'm starting to think I'm answering this in the worst possible way as I'm giving you possible more to contemplate then you already have been?


Whatever reason you were brought into psychiatric care, that is what needs addressing and you want to be in Hospital (you could of course be discharged by now) for as little as time as possible.


If you don't like what the Doctors suggest for maintaining a happy life, then do your own research into areas you've pondered on but never got round to doing anything about it.


If you don't like the support your Family are offering because you feel they don't understand or want to understand, take them out of the equation for now and go your own way or find others that can help you when necessary.


It is you that knows what is best for you

No comments:

Post a Comment