Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Have you ever loved someone against your common sense and family advice?

and had it turned out well? I recently met this guy and think I'm falling for him. I've just never felt quite this way about anyone before. My head tells me I'm crazy due to certain circumstances (see below) but my heart urges me on. Is love sometimes worth taking a chance and following our heart instead of our head? My family would tell me I'm making a big mistake because said person is currently doing time (for a non violent, non drug related crime) and that I'd be crazy to get involved with him. I see their point but isn't love meaningless if you're not willing to go the extra mile for a person and at least give them a chance? I don't know what to do. My head tells me I'm wrong but my heart tells me I'm right. All I know is that when I'm with him I'm happy. Any advice or similar experiences you would be willing to share?Have you ever loved someone against your common sense and family advice?
Well, the two guys I dated who cheated on me were both guys that my parents told me I shouldn't be dating, or guys that my friends didn't like. So no, I've never had it turn out well. They know me better than I know me sometimes, and I have come to value their judgment. I may not always agree with it, but they tend to be right.





You need to make your own mistakes. So definitely take the chance. You may be pleasantly surprised, or you may find out that your family was right. But at this point, all that matters is what you want to do. Just don't expect your family to be pleased. I chose not to listen to my family and both times happened to turn out badly -- but if I hadn't done it, I wouldn't be the person I am today.Have you ever loved someone against your common sense and family advice?
I did and it turned out terrible. People outside of destructive relationships usually have a different take on things than the two people in the relationship. I was in complete denial of the obvious signs around me. And man, I must have looked like an idiot to my family and friends who were sitting here probably thinking, ';I cannot believe he's falling for this crap.'; But what could I do, right? She gave me affection, attention, and intimacy, and I fell for it. I wanted more and more and I fell in love with her. Buuuuuut... those negative things finally caught up to us and it all ended terribly. And in retrospect, I realized what an idiot I was being the whole time, and how I wasn't thinking straight.





I'm sure you'll realize the same thing down the road.
This is going to be a long one but as you asked for personal experience i may as well share my experience. Well about 6 months ago i met a 26 year old guy for my nearest town where i have friends and i met him round a friend of a friends house. Any way we started dating and things were good for a while, but my mum and every one wasnt to sure about him. They said there was something that they didnt trust about him (a breif backround of him which my mum and family knew, he had two children which he didnt see at all, he had tried all kinds of drugs and had done time in prison) I ignored them as i am the kind of person that is willing to give anyone a chance if i see potential in them (i wouldnt conisder my self posh or anything but these people i used to hang around with are totaly not like me, they use drugs and are on benifits, were as i an well turned out, pay my bills and dont take drugs and work) but i enjoyed the thrill of being a bit bad.. you know. like we all do. anyway he started becoming realy contoing after we moved into his friends house and as she was disabled i used to help her do things and eventualy he would take advatage of my good nature and mentaly abuse me to do things for him like lend him money and get him drinks and basicaly do every thing for him, while he just sat there getting stoned, all in all he done me out of 拢700 and took me for a fool. its not worth going with your heart feeling, your head is the one you should be listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment