Saturday, July 31, 2010

Can someone give me a little family advice?

my mother and father can never get along when it comes to family.


every time my mom starts to talk about my dads family my dad talks about hers and then they get into a big fight every time and i try to talk to them and say if they cant say anything nice about each others family dont say it at all,but it never ends up that way they always start to argue then not talk,and sometimes what they say about each others is really mean,so does anyone have any experiance with parents like these and could you tell me what you did to stop them from getting into an argument every time,ps.there fighting is really about whos family is better,my dads side is a little more laid back and my moms side is more stuffy.Can someone give me a little family advice?
I see it like this, we all came from the same person that created us all. Regardless what color, religion, capabilities, handicaps, mental illness, disorders, or anything we came from God. It doesn't matter who's family is better or worse. That's all beside the point. Mom and dad got married for a reason. And that reason is because they love each other. Put families opinion aside and focus on what we have today. Focus on God, mom, dad, and the family. With everything on the same page no one is in the wrong.Can someone give me a little family advice?
Tell them ';just shut up and get a divorce already!'; then (if you live at home) run up to your room and slam your door. THAT should hopefully get their attention.





If you don't live at home, tell them the same thing, then walk OUT of the house and drive away. Call them later and tell them if they keep doing that in your presence you won't visit them.





If you are still in school, talk to your guidance counselor about it.
If they can't respect your feelings by stopping this behaviour in front of you, you could leave the room. You don't have to listen if this is how they choose to carry on. Maybe if you leave the room every time it starts they'll get the nessage.
it's between them i ate to say it but you're better off staying out of it. it's normal for parents to fight about each other's family once in a while. if you get involved it only makes it worse.
Sounds to me that your the parent. Talk to both of them separately. Maybe suggest counseling.
When this happens , u break thru the conversation and start a new subject like lets go get some icecream or something.


U should say nice things about both sides and they will start doing it too.
Be a grown up about it and tell them to knock it off!! My parents 'badtalk' eachother around me since they split up, and I had finally had enough and told them both to quit it. I don't allow and 'badtalk' in my home, or around my children. Thats the rule around here. If they don't like it, tough luck!
All children are conditioned and have family pride. When they grow up, these things stay with us. But generally when we fight about this, its stemmed from other arguments, this is generally, never the foundation. As far as stopping it, I really don't think you can. Find some humor in it . Start talking about your family, (the same Mother and Father that arguing over their families) like a 3rd party thing. If they don't find any humor in this, just leave the area and let them go at it. It could be just a way to leviate stress, and this is the best they can do. I will never understand parents. :)
Your parents seem to be very immature, it's terrible that they say bad things about eachothers family and in front of you. You need to get all drama, and scream that you can't take it anymore and start pouring out the tears, and cry about how much you love both sides of your family and you can't stand to listen to them talk badly about them anymore. If they don't shut up after that, then they are just cold.
I had the same problem ,my parents use to argue about everything ,they spent 20 years together after they got divorce,it was too hard for me and my sisters ,we coulden't stop them ,they wasen't happy togther ,i remember i use to cry and cry but nothing will stop them ,my mum got married again soon after the divorce ,and my father died just after my mum wedding I beleive its because he was so upset ,it was to much for him ,even after my father death my mum choosed to go to canada with here husband ,and she left us behind ,it was very hard ,I still speak to my mum ,but its hard to forget what she did ,she left in the most time we needed here .


I really think that parents should never fight in front of the kids ,I think kids come first .


form my experience I think ther is nothing you can do to stop them from getting into an argument .


the parents fight and the kids suffer ,they are the grown up so they shoud stop fighting and start thinking about ther kids.


and i wish you the best of luck ,and i wish you get all the happiness you wish for .
OMG!!! i have the SAME EXACT family!!!!! *freaky* but... my grandma from my dads side LIVES with us. and my mom is NOT happy bout that. so, naturally, they get into fights often. my dad tries to break the fight up,,,, but it dont werk. one time, my mom got SO mad, she shoved my dad out the house and locked the door... i was 6 then.... they didnt file for a divorce because my mom does the house work and my dad makes the money. without one or the other, me and my two younger sisters cant survive, and both of my parents love me....so divorcing is outta the question. when they fight, its scary cos it gets phisical sometimes and they say really nasty things to eachother.


My dad sometimes cries in front of me and thats freaky cos he almost never cries...hes a MAN. he whispers..... Be strong cos one day, we'll all end up killing eachother. i said nothing. u can share this story with your parents... i hope it mite soften them up and realize how much eachother is really worth.
You are not going to change them. So you need to change yourself. Get up and leave the room. They've been married this long that they know the chorus line in the argument. You just don't have to sit in the audience.
let them argue they show each other there love that way my parents had a 45 yr marriage of arguements thats how they got along by not getting along
Hun U shouldnt get into ur parenst bussines not tryin to be ruude but it'z there choice to fight not urs if they dont love each other it just wont click...[[sorry if u thought that was rude]]
i don't have parents like that, but what you might want to do is seperately talk to them about how it is affecting you! tell them they are relate so both of the sides should be considered the same. don't be scared to say it!
Get them t-shirts for Christmas that say, ';You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family. Deal with it.';

No comments:

Post a Comment