Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need marraige and family advice?

my marriage has been rocky for years. I have two children and a husband who drinks a 12pack a day and can be verbally abusive to me and my oldest son 11yrs. My son has recently been hurting himself after his dad berates him. I need to let you know taht we are lving with my in-laws because we sold our house, because we were in financial difficulty and trying to recover from that. My husbnd won't listen and thinks we can buy a mobile home and put it on his parents property but I don't think we can make the payments and want to continue trying to pay off and save. We got into debt over the past 5 years, I went through a real tough time with my job and then losing my dad and didn't work becuase I was so depressed and couldn't get out of bed, so I quit my job after two years of struggle and then for two years stayed home with a daycare, which then added more stress to the family, so of course to my husband we are broke because of me.





Additional Details





14 minutes ago


I took out my retirment and paid off a larege debt, and then forgot about the taxes, which the profit from our house paid for (luckily). But my husband blames me for this mess, and I don't know what else I can do to make it better. I love him, but I don't like the way he is treating me and my son and I don't want to leave. If I do I would have to move in with my mom. I tried talking to my husband yesterday morning when he was sober and told him what our son is doing and that I didn't think we could afford a payment and that his parents don't want a trailer on their land. The plan was to build a building that we would live in and would then turn into a building in a couple of years for our farm that we are also tyring to expand and then buy a house or build after we have saved some money. He's not hardly speaking to me now. I feel like I should leave, but I don't think I could handle seeing him with someone else. I'm torn with what I should do. I can't take anymore blame.





5 minutes ago


I have no returned to work and enjoy my new job. I have no self esteem and I am overweight and have nothing to look forward to. If you had asked me 20 years ago this is not the life I would have expected myself to be in, I had so much more going in my life. I really don't know if my husband and I really have anything in common, I have been feeling for years now that he doesn't want to be seen with me that I embarras him, even if we go to Wal-Mart together he doesn't walk with me he is always ahead of me or behind me, never with me and at school or sport functions he stands at the back and doesn't sit with me and usually has an excuse for needing to drive his own vehicle. In our first year of marriage he had a ';friend'; that I found out about, he claims nothing ever happened, when I found out he told me thank you for trusting him and I told him I would this time but not again. I have wondered about other times since when he gets drunk he get very flirtatios with other women.





21 minutes ago - 3 days left to answer. - 11 answers - Report AbuseNeed marraige and family advice?
You need to think of both you and your son. Your son does not deserve this abuse, and if he is ';hurting himself'; at age 11, you need to get him out of there. Sounds like you really don't have much in common with your husband, and are maybe just afraid to be on your own. As unhappy as you are, just go ahead and leave and move in with your Mom, until you can afford to live on your own. Good luck and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment