Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need advice on family friendly car?

Ok, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee '03, which I love(d). I've had it for about a year and a half, already we've had to replace the motor for a power window, it broke down because something was leaking and it had to be towed, the air conditioning has been fixed, and then the other day it just died on me. When they towed it to the shop it started running and they couldn't make it die again. My mechanic made me promise that I wouldn't drive it out of town because he didn't know what it was going to do. If we did keep it the heat is going to have to be fixed with winter coming. To top it all off, I'm about 35 weeks pregnant!!!!! I need advice on what cars/SUV's (no vans) are roomy enough for a car seat. At the same time I don't want to feel like I'm driving a bus! We probably can't afford something brand new but maybe something that's a couple of years old. Please help! Thanks in advance.Need advice on family friendly car?
How about something like a used Toyota Highlander or Rav4? They are super reliable and basically bulletproof in design. Don't know what your budget is, but I am thinking along the lines of minimal maintenance effort on your part.





Good luck!Need advice on family friendly car?
Do you want another SUV or are you looking more towards a Mini-van type vehicle?





My brother has two little ones and another on the way. His wife used to drive a Ford Explorer and while it seemed roomy, it was tough having two car seats in the back seat and forget someone else having to ride back there in between the car seats. She did not like the idea of driving a Mini-Van because she thought she was too young to and she too thought it was bus like.





She finally gave in though and now drives a Dodge Caravan and loves it. It is so much easier to get the kids in and out and they have plenty of space in the trunk area. You can get a nice used Caravan for a decent price. Do you have a Carmax in your area? They are a great source for used vehicles. I also no some folks who have a Nissan Quest (a little more pricey than the Dodge) and they love it. Not all Vans feel like buses. Some arent' that bad.
a midsized ford explorer will do the trick
THE GMC ENVOY IS A VERY NICE SUV AND IT IS VERY COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE AS WELL.

No comments:

Post a Comment