Thursday, July 29, 2010

How to handle death in the family while pregnant? Need advice.?

My father passed away yesterday. I know you're saying why am I sitting on the computer but doing something gets my mind off it a tiny bit. How do I handle the stress and go through greiving without putting my baby at risk? I'm sooooo stressed and upset right now and I'm 11 weeks tomorrow.How to handle death in the family while pregnant? Need advice.?
I lost my father a week ago and to keep my mind off it a bit I came out of ';yahoo retirement'; so I know exactly where you are coming from in that respect.





A loss like that is something that is so hard to cope with. I was looking after my father and had to try to resuscitate him but being there through it in a way helped because I realised that the ';person'; I knew had gone, there was nothing left of him, just a body that looked like him. About 4 hours later I was crying my eyes out and I heard the chair next to me creak like someone sat in it and my dog started to bark at it and pace back and forth past it quite agitated. I am sure he was there and have ever since felt a kind of strength that seems to surround me and it helps me to cope because I know he's still there.





Maybe you should try to tell yourself that your father is still with you, watching over you and helping you. I would try to avoid reminiscing the ';good times'; for a while as if you are like me-I find those too stressful at the moment. I just try to divert my mind from what I have lost to what I have to be thankful for and I encourage myself to be glad and thankful that I got to have him as my father. He wasnt a hard man but he was mentally and emotionally strong and respected by all who knew him, so I also try to distract myself thinking about those positive characteristics and how I can try to be more like him.





In the end there is nothing that I or anyone else can say that will help you, grief is a unique and often lonely path that we are forced to walk. A bit of support here and there from friends and family can help make life a little easier but can just as easily stir up memories that only add to the grief.





Know that your father is with you, he helped make you who you are and would probably be sad to see you upset. Try to think positively about him and what you learned from him and what you gained by having him around rather than focussing on the obvious and painful aspect of what you wont have in the future.





Best wishes for you and the baby.How to handle death in the family while pregnant? Need advice.?
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father.





I am 34 weeks pregnant, and my father passed away in Sept this year when I was 18 weeks along. My father had been ill on and off for a few years after my mother passed away. We weren't expecting him to go as fast as he did. The only comfort I found was knowing that he was no longer in pain, and he is now where he has wanted to be for many years.





I can't really tell you HOW to deal with the grieving. If crying helps, then cry. If doing research online about baby things helps you, by all means- do it! Anything to help take your mind off of it. My family and friends helped just by talking about the baby, and making sure I was OK. Everyone was concered about me and my health- but I was fine.





Just remember that even though he is not here with you physically, he will be with you always- and will see your baby.
I was 8 months pregnant with my son when my mom passed away from cancer, and my grandfather had passed a month before that. it was the hardest time in my entire life. for me just having my husband and my sisters and brother to talk to was probably the most helpful thing.


just make sure you are eating right. it is the hardest thing, since being depressed can be rough on eating habits. i remembered focusing most of my thoughts on my baby and this helped bring me though it too.


I always felt like my mom was there with me after she passed, especially when my son was born. and that was very comforting to me. i know she watches over my kids now too.


Keep your head up, things will get better.


congratulations on your baby-someday you will probably see traits of your dad in your child and it will make you smile.
Take a spa day. Go see a movie. Go out with friends. Get your mind off of everything.
Grieving for someone close and dear to you does not mean you have to stress. Everyone grieves in different ways ... try thinking about the good times you had with your dad, look at photo's and be as open as you can about his life and his passing. The worse thing you can do is bottle it all up. It's OK to have a cry and express your feelings, the need'nt be feelings of depression.... your dad would want you to celebrate his life not make things hard for yourself and your pregnancy. Sorry for your loss but you have the wonderful gift of life to tell in 7 months all about his wonderful grandad :)
ohh dear I am sooo sorry . Look I wan't you to think, now you know your dad would want you to have a happy and healthy baby. There is nothing wrong with being sad over your father but I'm sure he knows you love him.. Just think of all the good things your gonna be able to tell your baby about grandpa one day. Take this time to think of the good times and write them down so one day you can share them with your little one. Turn this hard time into a possative. Don't worry I'm sure he will watch over you and your litttle blessing.Good luck and just enjoy being pregnant and knowing now your dad is happy and now gets to watch over you all the time.
I lost my step brother and was so stressed out. I asked the dr and she said the baby doesn't feel stress or pain from you stressing. It is hard on you and your body though. Try to relax make sure you eat healthy and drink plenty. I know that is the hardest part of all of it. I was about 4 months when i lost my stepbrother. I'm so sorry for your loss. Try to focus on the good right now.
First off I am so sorry for your loss.. pregnancy is a hard time anyway without this on top of it.. My advice would be to turn to your friends and family for support. You may also want to look into counselling if it gets to be too much for you to handle..it's always nice to have an uninvolved person to talk to.. just don't get too down for you and your babys sake.. I believe there are antidepressants safe to take during pregnancy if you want to go that route. I wish you the best and take care of yourself and your baby
i sorry to here about your dad being stressed could hurt the baby but this is not a stress you can help maybe you can find a good friend (not ness. the baby dad ) that you can talk to to get you through this if people are adding more stress on you about this then you need to stay away from them you must think of you and the baby first

No comments:

Post a Comment