Thursday, July 29, 2010

We recently had a death in our family. advice please ...?

My husbands younger sister died suddenly. she was also my best friend of 23 years. we have dealt with family death before, yet this is very different.


how do i comfort him while I am grieving so very much? thank youWe recently had a death in our family. advice please ...?
I am very sorry, what devastating news. My brother died and he was my husband's best friend, so I can only tell you what my husband did for me. He was there for me every step of the way. He took time off from his job to be with me as I had to make all the funeral arrangements. He went with me to the funeral parlor, helped an advised me. He made phone calls for me when I couldn't even speak. He held my hand. He cried with me. He helped me pick out all the photos for the video we made for the funeral. In a nutshell...he was there for me. He didn't offer me words and go off...he stayed by my side. After the funeral and all was said and done...we prayed together and cried again, and I had never loved him more.We recently had a death in our family. advice please ...?
It is such a terrible thing to go through, unfortunately I know exactly how you are feeling. It is always so much harder to deal with a sudden loss. All you can really do is let him know that it is alright to be emotional, my Husband lost his best friend a little while back, and he thought he had to be ';strong'; but I told him that it is ok to cry, it is ok to be sad. I encouraged him to talk about it, and we shared stories about his friend and cried together, I feel that the whole experience ended up bringing us closer as a family.I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. And I hope you can get passed it eventually.
You need to hold him and let him know that you love him and you are there to support him with any and everything that he needs. Since they were so close, I think that he may need to seek counseling, to help him with the grieving process, and as much as you love him there are some things that us as wives or mothers cannot help with. As sad as it sounds it is true.





Good luck
First ... I am so sorry for the loss that the 2 of you are experiencing!





I agree with many of the comments - of grieving together and supporting one another in this.





From the sound of it you have been married a long time, so you will know best what ways your husband usually copes. The things like whether he needs time alone or more companionship. He will probably use his standard style now as he has before, only more so.





If he is up for it, (sometimes men aren't) you could have a conversation about what you both need from each other as far as support and comfort goes.





Love him and treasure each moment! Life is so precious and fragile!
Well im no expert, but im 13 and my dad died. He got hit by a drunk driver, I saw the hole thing. It was a complete shock to everyone. He was a hero to me, he was my everything. What I do is just sit there a think. Think about the good and the bad. And cry it out. Like im sure you've been told this but things will get much better over time. Trust me. It may take a month a day or a year, but it will happen. Just relax and just think. Take it easy.





='[ miss you daddy
I am so sorry your family's loss, I know it is extremely painful! Just try to comfort each other the best you can, be there for one another to talk to and hold each and of course, have someone to cry with. It will take some time to heal. May God bless and be with you and your family! You will be in my prayers!
I can relate. My oldest brother was married in the most beautiful wedding I've been to last October. A month later, to the day, he had a massive stroke and died. I am devastated still.


The best thing I've found is to share the grief together - with my niece's and nephew (his kids) and my remaining brothers.


Time does help, but my heart still hurts so much and I miss hell out of him.


My deepest condolences - I know your pain. :(
I'm sorry to hear of your sister-in-law's death. You both will be grieving so try to comfort each other, but also find quiet time for yourself, too. Try to be his wife, first, and her friend, second. He needs you right now and will appreciate your unselfishness.
Dear...





though we all know that birth and death are the only two truths but on the same time it really hurts when we imagine somebody goin away from us... forever... the best you can say is tell him that -





======================================鈥?br>

'; i loved her too n she was my best fren but i love you more than anything else in this world and cant really see u goin through all this pain for her... i know its impossible to forget her but lets remember her in a way where she acts as our strengths... bcoz i m sure wherever she is... if she is watching us she wont feel good watching so unhappy';





======================================鈥?br>




i hope these lines would a open a healthy conversation between you guys and then you will be able to share all ur feelings.





God bless u dear !!!
I work in a funeral home and that is a question I try to figure out every day. All I know is to just be there for each other...to hold or cry. Sometimes I have found that silence says way more than words. Godd bless you and your family and I will keep you in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment