Thursday, July 29, 2010

Looking for advice on starting a family, anyone who has kids or is pregnant who went through this.?

My husband %26amp; I are in different directions with when we want to start a family. We have been married for 5 months and together for 2 years. I feel we are ready and he isn't too sure, we both are in agreement obviously that we will have kids and the number of kids we want. It's just when do we start. Anyone have some advice on what they went through or may be going through. Generally speaking the women is ready much sooner than the man, so just looking for other insight.Looking for advice on starting a family, anyone who has kids or is pregnant who went through this.?
Personally if you try and set a time to start having kids you'll realize that you're never really be ready, you just take it as it comes. Because if you wait then it's gonna be ';well we don't have a big enough home'; or ';well we don't make enough money'; When I became pregnant w/ my daughter it was a surprise and we hadn't planned on kids at that time, we were living in a single bedroom town home apt and we were living paycheck by paycheck w/ both of us working. But it all worked out, not once did we look back. We moved forward and did all we could to prepare for our new bundle of joy. It wasn't easy and things were pretty tight but we had each other and the love I felt for my daughter made it all worth it. Now here we are 3 years later and we have a beautiful house, my husband has a great career going and i'm able to stay home w/ our daughter.Looking for advice on starting a family, anyone who has kids or is pregnant who went through this.?
My husband was ready before I was. When we talked about having children it was always a 3 to 5 year plan. It did not work out that way. We got pregnant on our honeymoon. My husband was thrilled, he really was ready, I on the other had was not ready, but I accepted it. Our baby is due in 18 days, and I can't wait to meet her. Before we got married we said whatever happened, happened. We were not trying for a baby, but I am glad that it happened. We still don't know how may children we want to have, he wants 2, I kinda want to have 3.





We are in our young 20's and have been dating for 5 1/2 years and we lived together for 3 years before we got married. I think that helped us feel better about having a baby so soon in our marriage.
i always thought that i would have kids when i was ready. well when are you ready? when you have millions in the bank your life is perfect? well that's never going to happen. i found someone i love and i am healthy and happy. you don't sound homeless or a drug addict. so i think if you feel you are ready then you should start trying. i was scared when i found out i was pregnant but now that my pregnancy is coming down to the final weeks im so glad i listen to myself and got pregnant when i did. your married, want kids, and seem happy. you are ready. just let your husband see that there isn't a magic sign that says ';time to make a baby'; im sure he just wants the best and is waiting for things to be perfect. but who knows. right now could be the perfect time.
My husband and I were together for four years before we got married, we were married for a year before HE decided he wanted a child. Everyone is different. My husband is older than me so that may of been a deciding factor for him, dont get me wrong I did want kids I was just shocked that it was him that made the first decision, we went on to have another 20 months later. But whenever you have them, next month, next year or in five years its the best thing ever. Good Luck x
I had a similar thing with my husband, i think it's really scary for the man as they are not in control of things like we are. My husband also had issues with my body changing, i was a size 8 when he met me and he like that.


We just talked about it lots but in the end he went with what i wanted, he wouldn't change a thing now and loves his little boy.


Good luck x
Women are usually ready sooner. Its just how we're wired. What youre going through is very very normal. Youve only been married 5 months. I'd say wait till 6 months to a year before trying and see if he's more comfortable with that plan. He may just want to make sure he can support the both of you. Also, he may be enjoying this time as newlyweds. Once you have kids you dont get that time back :)
you both need to be in the same position to bring kids into the world, but no, generally speaking, women aren't ready sooner than men, there are plenty of couples out there who the man wants kids but the woman doesn't, for various reasons, eg. career/money issues.
Hi well me and my hubby where 19%26amp;20 when we deciced to start a family we just went for it had lots of fun making the baby and now we have to beautiful girls and trying for our boy..Godluck!
Well you guys need to really sit down and talk. I am pregnant with my second and my hubby wanted to wait longer but i didnt because i want my kids to be closer in age. Nature just took its course.
every man generally hesitates because that is what they do when it comes to babies lol. keep open communication about it he will come around in a few months. just keep jumping his bones! lol
I do not really remember who's idea it was at the time but we decided to leave it in god's hands as to when we should have a child. We both knew we wanted children and want to have them young. So I stopped my birth control about 6 months after we married, I was 20 years old. 16 months later I found out I was 8 weeks pregnant. Perfect timing! God knows what is best for us! It sometimes takes months even years for couples to conceive. If your husband is not ready find out what is holding him back and figure out if that is something you can work on or if it is going to be something that holds you back until it has resolved and he truly is ready to start a family. Best of luck to you!
Well, my husband was ready much sooner than I was, but then again, I am younger than him. :) I wanted kids, but kept stressing about the financial aspect, and wanted to finish school first, and all that good stuff. We are now expecting, and I we are both SO excited. I am very glad that we waited a while though, because I think it's very important for you both to be ready. Sure we could have waited longer to be even more ';ready';, and perhaps no one is ever completely prepared to have kids, but you must be sure that you are both ready to start your family so there won't be too much anxiety! My husband and I have been together for 4 years, and married for 8 months.


You should try talking w/ him, and figuring out why he isn't sure if he's ready yet. Is it finances? Stability? It takes a lot to get there sometimes, but once you get to start your family, neither of you will regret it.


Good luck. I hope you two can figure out a good time for you both, and I'll bet he is more ready than he seems. I kept saying I wasn't ready yet, but inside that was all I could think about. :)


Take good care, remember to keep up communication, and I wish you all the best in starting your new family.
Unless there is an issue with your age, enjoy this time with your husband. It is a time to strengthen bonds between the two of you and even though you have been together for two years, the commitment of marriage adds more meaning to your lives together. Take a year and plan for a family financially and with all your hopes and dreams. In this situation the one who is hesitant should have the consideration. To force a decision this important on someone will always spell disaster. Enjoy today and don't rush the future.
5 months is really not long enough to settle into marriage , give it time and don't even consider starting a family until you are both ready . It's a big step and it changes your life radically and the last thing you want is a resentful spouse because he felt pushed into having a baby before he was ready for it.


Unfortunately , my ex husband only spoke up once I was well into my pregnancy about not feeling ready - Although we had mutually planned a baby , he did not think I would fall pregnant as quickly as I did . My son is now 18 and his father never got over his resentment of the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment