Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need painting/decorating advice. I am in the process of painting the family room. Country theme. What colors?

I am trying to change things on a budget. Couches are dark beige. Espresso colored coffee table, end tables, entertainment center. Maroon carpet is new and I don't want to change that only because of the expense otherwise it would go. We have 2 lamps that we Absolutely want to incorporate into the room but right now they stick out like a sore thumb. They are slate blue. Any ideas on decorating would be great. Wall color is my main concern right now they are pure white.Need painting/decorating advice. I am in the process of painting the family room. Country theme. What colors?
Roughen part of wall with mortar and paint it beigh or cream. then soil it a little artistically if you have the skill. Otherwise, gett some bamboo stick or dry branch to hang to wall. You can also hide your lamps behind using bamboo or branches to wrap round it artistically. This should make to room country feelNeed painting/decorating advice. I am in the process of painting the family room. Country theme. What colors?
mostly navy blue, burgundy and forest green is used to decorate country style , buy or make checkered drapes and use wood poles with rings to attach the drapes , use a tie back made from the same fabric , and get some hurricane lamps and a lot of wood and wicker to complete the decor .Or if you like floral look into something like these here


http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?de鈥?/a>


=60156%26amp;catid=63512%26amp;grptyp=ENS%26amp;itemid=1鈥?br>







the lamps that you have will fit in if you add more of the slate blue to the room like pillows or drapes, even a painting on the wall that has this coulor in would be good.





http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?de鈥?/a>
If you absolutly want to use the lamps, why not use them as a guide? Try finding a slate blue for an accent wall and go for a beige/neutral for the rest of the walls...maybe in the same color pallet as your espresso coffee tables? As for accessories, use your personal likes. When I decorate I always use Yahoo Images Search to see what other peop;le do. Sometimes I get ideas, sometimes I just steal theres :) I redid my entire bedroom around one vase that I loved...it looks like it is an accessory I bought to match my bedroom, but it was really the inspiration :P

No comments:

Post a Comment