Thursday, July 29, 2010

Marriage advice Hey everyone I need some advice i need to know how i can tell my family to butt out?

don't get me wrong I love my family but there are situations in where I would appreciate them not intruding. Does anyone have any advice ?Marriage advice Hey everyone I need some advice i need to know how i can tell my family to butt out?
just tell them.... to mind their own business....... that this area is not there concern... and you are not going to discuss it with them.... and you are not going to take their advice.... because it is not needed.





Tell them.... that this is a matter between you and your spouse.... and no one else.Marriage advice Hey everyone I need some advice i need to know how i can tell my family to butt out?
You need to be blunt but in a gentle way. Don't come off screaming or they will immediately get defensive. Just approach them calmly and tell them that you love them and appreciate everything they have done for you and their opinions do matter. However you are now married and have started a family of your own. That there are some things you would like to handle between you and your husband. If they don't understand that then they are not respecting you or your husband and you need to lay your foot down. Either you're married to your fam or your husband.
This is pretty general question. For the chronic buttinski's, I have found that it is better to limit the information you give them to begin with. The less information they have, the less they can decide they need to shove their oar in. For my former MIL, who was also a classic twister of information, I got to the point where I told her almost nothing (it didn't matter anyway, because she made stuff up and lied). It was better that way.





However - no one can butt in where you don't let them. You need to be calm but firm about it. If you act like a grownup, they will eventually come to respect your boundaries - or, you'll withdraw farther and farther from them. It will have to be their choice as to which it will be.
keep your mouth shut and never tell them your situations. never react or fight in front of family because they tend to butt in and start giving advice. if they re just randomly giving you advice for no apparent reason then pull them aside and say that you appreciate that they care but don't comment on your relationship unless you directly ask them for their opinion.
With my family I just tell them to mind their own business. I will usually bring up some mistake they made from their past just to reinforce the idea that they don't exactly have the market on having their sh*t together cornered. Like my sister telling me my choice in men is not so great I reminded her of the many ';winners'; she's gone out with (started listing them off...the ones I could remember the names of anyways...lol). She shut up.
tell them you appreciate their opinion, advice, support, and will listen to what they have to say, but understand you make the decisions in my life and them interjecting their thoughts will just make your life more difficult.
Tell them to butt out...plain and simple. Your an adult, you've made it this far, I am pretty sure you can handle the rest of your life.
Just don't let them know the business you don't want opinions on.
just ask them to back off alittle and tell them its your life. Tell them thanks but no thanks.
I don't know when you find out let me know i think it is annoying and it is really affecting my marriage to1
Just tell them that it's your life and not to get in it.
hello tell them that u fckin love him n shyt
cool
just sit them down and tell them in the nicest way possible how u truly feel.
just tell them to butt out that's what my aunt did to my family

No comments:

Post a Comment