Saturday, July 31, 2010

Legal Family advice, my mom kicked me out a 2 years ago...?

my mom kicked me out of the house 2 years ago, since then i have been living with my grandparents they do not yet have legal guardianship of me YET but my mom came into town and wrote me a letter saying sorry for the abuse and now she wants me to move in with her on calgary thing is i am not going there but i am at wits ends , can she take me back? can i take her to court and request a 'divorce'? do i need evidence o why i think she is unfit? she thinks i am in an unstable home which isnt true its more stable then hers! her bf is abusive towards me!! didnt she walk away from the responsibilty of being my parent when she kicked me out of the house and moved out of province? she thinks i need consistency and discipline when i have that, i have run away once! because she was coming can she hold that against me? also can she keep threatneing to move me to calgary AGAINST my will??Legal Family advice, my mom kicked me out a 2 years ago...?
I know very little of US law and less about Canadian law, but as a parent who is almost constantly in a court battle of some sort I know some laws are very flawed. Where exactly is your father in the situation? What are his opinions? It will be very difficult for your mom to force you after her ABANDONMENT of responsibility. Your grandparents sound like vrey good, responsible, stable and most of all loving role models who will help you in any way possible! Talk to them, and get their opinions. If they are not able to finance legal representation talk to a Legal Aid Organization if you have one locally, or in the most extreme of cases maybe DHS or a like agency can help. I know in Oklahoma the DHS provides the kids an attorney in matters where they have taken the kids out of a home. But be aware that by contacting DHS they may want to remove you from even your grandparents and I don't think you or your grandparents want that! Be very careful about what is said by anyone other than your grandparents, as DHS will take anything that is said by anyone and twist it to suit their own purposes. Don't believe for one second that they are in it for your best interest.. As a father who lost custody of my daughter in this way, I feel bad that you are having to go through this mess. If you feel that your grandparents are stable and caring about your interests not just child support, then by all means express your opinions to a judge if you get the chance. GOOD LUCK!!!Legal Family advice, my mom kicked me out a 2 years ago...?
A lot depends on how old you are. Don't know about Canada, but in most states in the US you can petition the court for ';Emancipation'; at age 16 or older. Suggest you talk with your grandparents, and tell them of the abuse. You will need them on your side.
That's horrible. She kicks you out of her home and then demands that you move with her to Calgary. You should talk to your grandparents and see what they have to say. Also, if her boyfriend is abusive you could tell the cops that. If for some reason you are forced to move back in with your Mom, try to get evidence that your Mom's boyfriend is abusive. and use it against him, and call the police again with your evidence.
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment