Saturday, July 31, 2010

Meeting his family, advice?

I've only been dating him about two months, and he wants me to go home with him for a hometown celebration. His family, friends, and even some extended family will be there. I've never met a guy's family before, and I'm terrified! Any advice?Meeting his family, advice?
Just be yourself ... He has probably told his family how much he likes you, and they will make an effort to like you as well. Make an effort to include yourself in family activities, like games, helping with dinner, etc. If he has young cousins or brothers/sister, try to engage yourself with them. This helped me a lot when I first met my boyfriend's extended family.Meeting his family, advice?
Well the 1st thing is try to level the playing field, by this I mean see if you two can stay in a hotel (as opposed to a relative or friends house). It will just make things easier for you, there will be more privacy. Have him tell his family that you don't want to impose and/or something like you like to stay up late and don't want to be a bother. Be yourself, mind your please %26amp; thank you's, be honest (so something doesn't come back to bite you later), dress the part (respectable GF), bite your tongue when need be (you can rip him a new one back at the hotel, lol). I probaly would try to only be there for 2-3 days.
Just be yourself and relax.


When I first started dating my hubby, I had to use the washroom, when we got to his house, he showed me where it was and on the way saw them in the living room and said hello before he introduced me. I am sure they thought I was strange but being friendly helps in the long run!
Dress properly!!!! Can't stress that. Also, everyone likes someone nice and cheery, even though I'd hope ur guy will take you to meet them all in small groups rather then making you into a show for people. Also, I'd say if you talk to anyone talk to him mom and his bf. They like that
Oh how scary......





I was nervous when I met my bfs fam......they dont like me very much so its even worse.





Learn from my mistakes:





Act polite


Dont wear revealing clothing


Ask lots of q's


Answer honestly


Stay with your bf at all times.. he will protect you.


Make sure he tells you all the goss so you have inside info before you meet them








GOODLUCK x
be 100% you ... take my advice if you dont you will forget something you may have said and it will come back to get you later





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
Just be yourself, I'm sure they will find the same qualities in you that he likes.

No comments:

Post a Comment