Saturday, July 31, 2010

Moving to New York with a family in 3 years! I need some serious advice!!!!!!!!?

I am hoping to move to New York in about 3 years when I my husband and I finish school. When finish school I am going to apply to FIT or Parsons. I am definitely going to move if I get in to one of those schools. It is my dream to work in the fashion industry in New York City. I know it鈥檚 hard. I have visited once for four days only. I have a 1-year-old daughter and I am not planning to have any more children. I am starting to have second thoughts about moving because I have been hearing bad things about the cost of living etc. I am just not sure how much money I should save and what I should do before I try to move. I was wondering also what are the best careers in NYC. I know its more difficult with a child. I REALLY need advice on this I have been stressing over this for months. I will appreciate ANY advice. Please help me!!!!!Moving to New York with a family in 3 years! I need some serious advice!!!!!!!!?
If you are wanting in the fashion industry NY is the place to be however you have a right to be concerned. NY is ungodly expensive it is nothing to throw down $1,500 or more for a tiny studio apartment. You have a lot of traffic, crime, and higher everything in the North just not in NY. If you are planning on moving there do a lot of research on neighborhoods, schools, and get opinions from people who have lived there, and remember to network talking to any and everyone you can. In order to move assuming that you won't have a job right away and with your little girl I wouldn't leave with less than $8,000 in pocket. If you drive you may want to consider living in southern CT and commuting to NY where the rent will be a little cheaper. Please if you need anything or advice don't hesitate to contact me and I will help you all I can. I am planning a move of my own and I know how stressful and scary it is.Moving to New York with a family in 3 years! I need some serious advice!!!!!!!!?
I moved from FL to San Francisco with family 6 yrs ago, sold all the funiture to local residents, packed every personal items be dilevered by UPS ground, they can keep your package for certan period, I drove 2 weeks to SF, found a cheap motel for 1 week, and find a small apartment, pick up my staff from UPS, then start my new life, it's been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment