Sunday, August 22, 2010

Family advice.... Overbearing interfering mother?

Ok so, I am 24 i have a son who is almost 7, a fiancee I have been with for about 4 years and we just got engaged about 8 months ago...


We Live in a duplex my mom on one side me and my family on the other.


Well she doesnt like him...never has, she has a record of trying to break apart all of her childrens marriages. well I am ';the baby'; I am her youngest. I told her in July that we got engaged. She went to the police station and put a restraining order on him and the house. when we came home from his nephews birthdya party, my fiancee was arrested and charged because of the order.... weird huh... well I went to court to dispute the fact that my mom had wrote my name and my sons name on the protective order (it is for harrasment) well the judge told me that since i live with in 10 feet of her then I am on the protective order and my son is, my house is too.


Talk about an in-law interfering?


he gets out of jail in a week or two hes not allowed around me or my son or our home, and my mom has been trying to set me up with my exes!


how do i get her to but out of my life and let me be with whoever i want to be?


how do i get her to realize that i am an adult with my own family and she needs to back off and quit meddling and trying to control my decisions... i have tried to talk to her about getting the bullshyt order removed by the time he gets out and all she says is it is out of the question and we start fighting!


grr!Family advice.... Overbearing interfering mother?
Move away from her, and if it comes to it, get a restraining order against HER.





Anything more then Id threaten to disown her. She has no right to do what she doing, and is clearly is putting her own interests before yoursFamily advice.... Overbearing interfering mother?
Why in the world would you knowing her history ever live next to her? My solution is move across town even if it means times will be tough for you. Also, tell her to mind her own business!
So how soon can you make arrangement to move away from her?
I am surprised to learn that the court imposed a restraining order based on just your mom's word to keep a man from his home.





Obviously your mom has abused the court system, and if you really want to continue this fight with your mom, your fiance has a really good, and well documented case of slander he could bring against your mom. He can sue her, and with you to support his case that he did nothing to deserve the restraining order and subsequent arrest, it would be an easy win. (He did nothing wrong, correct?)





But if you want to make your life as simple as you can, as quickly as you can, then MOVE OUT. Put as much physical distance from your mother as you possibly can, and judging from how malicious she can be, I would cut off all contact with her as well.





Doing that would kind of render the restraining order a moot point, and your mom wouldn't be able to control you anymore.
I know that moving out may not be ideal or easy, but your situation seems extreme. The fact of the matter is you got engaged and your mom has made it impossible for you to be with the man you are planning on spending your life with. The fact that she keeps trying to set you up with exes shows that she has some real feelings about the man you are with. I am not saying in any way that your mother is right, but maybe you need to spend some time talking with her and trying to understand exactly what the problem is, unless there is something you do not want to share with the rest of us I think your best bet is to move out unless you think you can get your mom to go to some kind of family therapy with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment