Monday, August 23, 2010

I need emergency family law legal advice concearning my son and custody?

wife dropped son at doorstep tonight, need to know how to file the paperwork for an exparte hearing tommorowI need emergency family law legal advice concearning my son and custody?
better get up bright and early and head to your lawyer's officeI need emergency family law legal advice concearning my son and custody?
Been there and done that, almost. I had to file an emergency temporary custody order for my kids when my ex (we were separated at the time) tried to take my girls and not give them back. I had a lawyer and the financial support of my mom. I would go to the courthouse and ask the circuit clerk for the paperwork to file a motion for emergency temporary custody based on abandonment. Fill out the paperwork, pay a filing fee ($165 in Alabama, different in each state), and get it signed by the judge. For me, this included my lawyer tracking the judge down, explaining the necessity of her signature right that moment, and driving across the county to the restaurant she was having lunch in to get her signature. It's a lot, but it's worth it. That's what my lawyer did for me in a matter of a couple of hours. Have your child's social security number handy. Hope this helps.
Go to your lawyer first thing in the morning and file full custody of your son. You tell him that your wife abandoned your child. What a horrible mother. You have a great chance on winning since she just gave up her son to you. Don't do this alone, you need a lawyer.
i wish i knew the exact answer to ur question but all i can suggest is u call a lawyer first thing in the a.m. and find how legistics of it all , time frames, paper work etc.. i say time frames because i doubt seriously they'd consider it abandonment based on her dropping ur son off with u for only 1 night.. so u really need to find out the particulars from a lawyer..
You can get free legal advice on websites like LawGuru, FindLaw. Check this out for more info http://www.uelp.org/freelegal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment