Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need some family advice...advice would be greatly appreciated.?

I'm pretty sensitive, and every time parents hurt me emotionally I stay up the whole night crying. I can't stop.





I've cried enough to form the Great Lakes around Michigan.





my parents are Muslim and I don't believe the excuses:


';they might have grown up this way';


No. My dad was a musician/business owner


and my mom was number 1 in the Math clubs at her school.





';That's their way of showing love.';


Their parents weren't like this. My aunts/uncles don't like my parents.





Really, showing love is keeping your only daughter in her room, away from social interaction with her brothers? No friends, music, movies? And then you expect her to be normal? What does she have to talk about then...the tablecloth in the kitchen?





My mom always finds ways to attack me, and it's so bad I can't eat dinner/lunch/breakfast in the kitchen. Sometimes I go without eating (like today) cause if I step in that kitchen, I'm under attack.





Today my lil baby bro wet his bed and they started yelling at me instead, ';YOU'VE CHANGED. YOU ARE SO BAD FILTHY AND A DISGRACE. You're a waste.'; etc


I found myself putting all the breakfast I was gonna prepare back in the fridge.





I don't drink or smoke...and I'm 18 and at a great university with 2 jobs.


They think if I get married, ';your husband will show you what's right.'; [reference to him abusing me] I am not attracted to any guys in within my race because I've seen how the first man in my life has treated me (dad) and I've never been attracted to one. It doesn't matter how nice/cute they are.





Last night I actually did go to eat with them, like families do. But there was no spot, I took my food to my room. My dad told my mom in a low voice, ';from now on, if she has to eat, we can wait. And if I'm eating, I don't want her around.';





I was so sad I threw all my dinner away. I felt like throwing up, I had no appetite.





I am out 12 hours a day working/studying on purpose cause I feel animosity towards them. They abused me as a teen, I went to 7th grade with bruises on my arms, legs, stomach and mostly on my back.


The emotional pain was worse.





I remember being five years old and my mom pushed me to the ground and kicked my stomach.





Bruises fade but emotional scars don't.





I never realized the extent of the abuse until last year. I thought this happened to everyone.





We have no dorms on campus yet and I honestly have been so left out of the world I don't know what to do. Help?I need some family advice...advice would be greatly appreciated.?
I don't if this is typical for muslim families but the abuse is definitely not something you should have to deal with.


Go talk to a counselor at your school. See if there's a way to pay for tuition on your own so you're not under your parents' rule.


Move out and go live with a friend.


You need to get out of this environment. Don't let the Muslim philosophy talk you into abuse. I do know that part of the philosophy is to teach women how to be ';submissive';. I'm glad you don't agree with this!





I assume you are in the US. So you are legally old enough to move out and get away from them. Please get out while you can!I need some family advice...advice would be greatly appreciated.?
Can you move out on your own? This is a terrible situation you are in. Seek Counseling and live your own life. You don't need parents like that. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment