Monday, August 23, 2010

I need some family advice! ASAP!?

I have eight children ranging from the ages of 21 to 41. My youngest got carried away with partying and received poor grades this semester. My husband and I had a long and in-depth conversation about responsibility and such. We are giving her one last chance to get everything together. My husband and I both have a lot of faith in her. Well, we always host Christmas at our home. This year my eldest daughter, 41, decided to yell and ridicule my 21 year old. My 21 year old daughter started crying and ran to her room. I told my 41 year old to mind her own business, but she smirked. My 41 year old has always acted more motherly than sisterly to my 21 year old. I demanded my 41 year old to apologize to her sister. There was no reason why everyone in the family needed to know about my youngest's grades and such. Well my 41 year old refused and laughed. I am very upset. Christmas is very important to our family and I do not understand why my 41 year old always has to start issues with others in the family. I realize my 21 year old isn't a baby, but she is still very young and just needs to learn from her mistakes. Unfortunately my 41 year old just constantly teases her and makes her cry. Please help me. Any advice would very appreciated! I am desperate.I need some family advice! ASAP!?
All you could really do without going to extreme measures like counseling, just talk to them and lay down the law!I need some family advice! ASAP!?
Seeing as your 41 year old would be out of the house when you had your 21 year old, I don't think it's that one was treated better than the other. I think your 41 year old simply dislikes her. Just try to keep them apart, or not have them alone in the same room.
Sounds as though your eldest daughter has some real issues with your youngest. Maybe she was treated differently at that age than your youngest? If that's the issue it could be some sort of revenge bit, or she could just dislike the youngest. Horrible think to think about but it is a possibility. If this behavior happens often at holidays perhaps you should do the best you can to make sure they don't communicate. Or take a stronger approach to your eldest daughter. Shouldn't she be responsible and mature? So what gives her the right to come into your home and start problems with the family? She would probably get just as embarrassed as your 21 year old, and might let this whole vendetta die. Worth a try perhaps? Good luck, happy Christmas. :]
KILL THEM
  • mascara eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment