Monday, August 23, 2010

Forever will be the baby in the family.. advice?

I have two older brothers. Once is 23 and the other is 27. I'm 19. No matter what I do, I am always being treated as if I'm 13 or something by my mom and brothers. I mean, I know I'm young but I'm very mature. I'm the only one that completed HS and that is going to college. I've never been in trouble nor do I drink or do drugs. All I'm asking is to have the same freedom my brothers had when they were my age. Nothing I do nor say is enough to prove that I'm not a baby anymore. I've talked to my mom about it but she says that I'm always going to be the baby. Any advice or comments??Forever will be the baby in the family.. advice?
hey..i feel ur pain!! honestly there isn't anything u can u do...i kinda stopped trying...i am 18 and my parents just kinda started realizing that i wasn't them...Forever will be the baby in the family.. advice?
did I write this question???? look it, i'm 23 and I'm a guy. I have total freedom at my mom's house(where i use to live at until a month ago). however, i felt like i always got treated like a baby. everybody looking after me. also the only one who goes to college. and felt like telling them leave me alone, i'm a grown man. so i moved out, that didn't help the situation more. you should've seen the big deal they made about me moving out...and its because of that, i will always be the baby. my older brothers and sisters don't want me to make the same mistakes they did and my mom doesn't want to lose her baby, that just means she's getting old!!! it hella sucks. but you can't do much. just enjoy life and know that you're a grown women, but let them think you're the baby, 'cause you will always be the baby, and take all their advice.





ps, you could so take advantage of this hahaha jk
that really sucks.


you should tell your mom that she should trust you because you know the difference between right and wrong
Baby of 4. Only girl in my generation on both sides of the family and baby on both sides..... I know about this.





You will be treated differently because of at least 2 reasons.


1-- You are their baby, you will be even when you are 45 married and have 10 kids of your own.


2-- You are a girl. There is a need to protect you more than with a boy. They feel that boys are somehow safer because they are not as often the target of violence (rape, abduction....)








Just an example... On my 23rd birthday I asked my dad how old he thought I was his reply was like 16 or 17. He was being completely honest. It is hard for parents to see you as growing up. It will happen one day but it will not be a short road getting there.


Be patient and know that they love you and they are only trying to protect you.
If you are 19, are you still living at home, are your brothers still at home too? If is mature of you to finish high school, now consider college or trade school, do something that will show then that you are approaching manhood. Get a job, move out, begin your adult life.


Yes, you are always going to be the youngest, but show them that you are not a baby.


Your parents may be disappointed in your older brothers and they may be a little over protective of you. Discuss it with them in a calm mature manner, they will get it.
tell the you arent a little kid any more


i really hate when ppl do that to me


my parents still buy my bright T-shirts with flowers with smiley face UGHHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment