Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need family advice to get my relationship back with my mom?

I was kicked out of my house at the beggining of the summer. its a long story but basically it comes down to my parents not wanting me to date because they think that i can ';not find out who i am'; while im with someone.after a while they told me that i could not see my boyfriend who i had been with for over a year. all in all i couldnt deal with my parents any longer, with not only rules about my boyfriend but also with friends curfues and so much more. one night i got my boy friend to give me a ride home for a dinner with my friends so i wouldnt be late, my mom was watching me from my window and saw he brought me home, from there i was kicked out. dont get me wrong. i miss my family alot and have been in contact with cusins aunt uncles and my grandma, but i miss my mom, my lil sister and my dad( my sept dad but dad since i was 2) the only thing is that i think that my dad has changed her alot. i know my sister isnt allowed to txt me or she gets her phone taken away by him. i no im not living with them but i feel i should still be able to talk to them and have a relatioship with them, mainly i want to have a good realtioship with my mom.


please let me know what you think and any advice would be awesome!


THANKSI need family advice to get my relationship back with my mom?
Kiddo, you have a real pickle on your hands. Part of this problem is them and part of this problem is you. It seems that both sides want it all. You want no limits and they want no compromise. When it gets to this point someone has to step up and say, look, this is not how I would like things to go and maybe we should talk about this situation and what compromises we can all live with.





If in fact your parents are overly authoritative, as mine were, you have found yourself regretting some of the decisions you've made, but feel that there is no way you want anymore of that. Having done what you are doing now, I'm going to offer you my two cents from personal experience. Your family misses you, don't doubt it. They may be playing hard and fast, but they miss you. No matter how horrible things seemed at home, you know you miss them. The people you live with now will eventually tire of you. Your boyfriend will eventually get tired of the tension this situation brings.





Hon, call your parents. Tell them you miss them. If they play hard ball let them know you miss them again and tell them you have to go and politely hang up. Give it some time and then call them again and do the same thing. Eventually they will soften a bit and just want to talk. When they are ready to just talk, be willing to just listen.I need family advice to get my relationship back with my mom?
Get your crap together, no one is worth your family. There has to be some reason your parents don't like this guy or want you around him, if they are willing to cut you off over it, I would bet it something pretty big. So you have to chose the little boy, or your family? A little more on the situation would probably help me provide a better answer.
If you want to live with your parents in their home, you have to follow their house rules. There is a curfew and they don't want you dating your boyfriend. You need to make the choice. It's either them or the boyfriend. (keep in mind boyfriends are easily replaced but parents aren't)
by not following your moms rules you were disrespectful and totally out of line. you will have apologize to your mother and learn to respect her and her rules, she is looking out for your best interest,
How old are you? Go to your mom and ask her to forgive you and talk to her. Your age has a lot to do with this. Who are you living with. If its with your boyfriend its wrong. Go see you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment