Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nosy overprotective family advice?

I'm 25, I've always kept my private life private, never told family when I had b/f's. I've always made good choices in my personal life, I won't have sex w/anyone I'm not in love with %26amp; I've only been in love once. Last yr I decide I'd share a little bit w/my family %26amp; told them about the guy I started dating at xmas. My whole family constantly q'd me. I finally got so sick of it I told them to butt out, they just need to deal w/it. My mom insisted on meeting him right away, I refused %26amp; she said she would ';find him herself';. I told her it was crazy of her to insist on meeting him b/c I didn't even know if I really cared for him yet. On New Years Eve my b/f took me out %26amp; the entire nite my mom harassed us, calling constantly, it was ridiculous. She made an *** out of herself by having a few too many drinks %26amp; then calling hysterically crying %26amp; yelling at my b/f b/c he told her not to worry ';your daughter's in good hands';. It was a disaster. How do I avoid this trainwreck next time?Nosy overprotective family advice?
That would be embarrassing, keep things to yourself. If your mom asks tell her it is because they or she has left you no choice because of past incidents. If it was me I would be dead honest.Nosy overprotective family advice?
Poor u... but its ur life. tell them u wont tell them ANYFIN unless they learn 2 keep out of ur business!


but also keep in mind, tht the only reason they do is bcos they luv u, an want 2 protect u... but of curse they shuldnt hav 2, ur 25! ur an ADULT! u can make ADULT decisions! make tht clear next time u c them...
i would just tell them nothing and let them know your not telling anything because your a grown woman and when they learn to respect your privacy and have some boundaries then maybe you will start sharing again.
Keep your mouth SHUT next time. Also, tell mom she is way out of line*
Go back to doing what you did before...tell them nothing until they learn to keep out of your business.
  • mascara eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment