Monday, August 23, 2010

Help with my niece and nephew!family advice?

I have been taking care of my 3 year old nephew and my 2 year old niece for the last 2 years,my sister sarah left them with me when my nephew was 13 mos and my niece was 6 days old,she decided she didn't want to be a mom.I have not heard from her at all since she left,no letters,no calls-nothing.I have been thinking and i decided that i might adopt them,i have gardianship of them but its not the same,my family is torn by this descision,my parents are against it,and my seven brother's and sisters have mixed feelings.None of them have heard from our sister and no one knows where she is or if she even alive.The kids call me mommy and my boyfriend daddy,there own dads are unknown.I love my sister but i deeply love my niece and nephew and i think that 2 years is a long enough time for my sister to come back for them if she wanted.My parents and siblings don't want to care for the kids-my parents for health reasons and my siblings have either kids of their own or just don't want the responsibility of them,although they love them.what would you do in this situation?should i wait or adopt them?Help with my niece and nephew!family advice?
You are a wonderful sister. If your sister comes back and has her life together, then she should have a second chance with her children. But stay close by. I would also contact a lawyer or legal counsel just to find out what chances you have of getting them if she comes back and doesn't have her life together. You didn't mention any drugs or anything. Some people just are not ready to be parents and are afraid to mess their kids up. They need to come back when they are more mature.


You have been taking care of these babies as your own. You have been their mother and are and should be very protective of them. You should definitely adopt them if your sister hasn't come back for them by now. You obviously love them and family is the best way. You can share the good stories with them about your sister, and make them feel like they will always be loved. Help with my niece and nephew!family advice?
hon its good she has a sister like you im feel happy to here that you have taken them under your wing and i agree 2 years is long enough i would adopt them give them a real family and tell her she ever comes back you lost your chance. good for you hon
Put them up for adoption, look into it, their are many fine families in your community who would love to adopt the kids
I can't imagine what you are going through, I would adopt them, give them the stability they need. Good for you!
adopt them

No comments:

Post a Comment