Monday, August 23, 2010

Pregnant, And very angry at family! Advice.?

Here it is. I am 22 and my husband is 23. We have been married 7 months and are 8 weeks pregnant. I am the youngest of all the Adults in my family. Everyone else is 30 Plus.


This 4th of july is my Cousins Bridal shower. I will be 6 months pregnant. Were traveling from Michigan to Pittsburgh for the Shower...My Aunt has 5 bedrooms with queen size beds. She has offered everyone else Bedrooms and left either the Couch or there Small Motor home in her Driveway for me and my husband.(it's july, and there is no bathroom or AC in this tiny motor home with bed.)..Everyone who is staying at My Aunts home is My parents, My 30 old cousins, other counsins and the Bride....


I am a little upset that they demand that I come but not make arrangements for me and my husband. We will rent a hotel but they said they Want us to stay with them but there not making arrangements for us to make me Comfortable.


On top of that, When it was my Shower, I had to sleep on the Couch and give to beds to the ';Older'; people. So 30 is soo much older.





What can I do to keep me comfortable and to keep my family in the mean time also happy because I am there.Pregnant, And very angry at family! Advice.?
Okay, this makes me mad! I would be furious at them. I don't care what age someone is - you are pregnant! They should make sure you are comfortable and taken care of. You have a precious life growing inside of you and they need to recognize that. This is so like my family! The older people get everything, screw everyone who is young. I have always hated it and you just have to put your foot down and say something. Tell them you think they are being inconsiderate and if they want you there at all, they'll have to deal with your choice of accommodations. Good luck!Pregnant, And very angry at family! Advice.?
There is a sane;


Respect your elders for they are wise, and respect your youth for they will soon be elders!

Report Abuse



Did you say something to them? Sometimes people forget about things, especially when planning a wedding. You know how much stress/forgetfulness that involves! Say something to your cousin or aunt or parents or any of the other adults. If none of them are willing to give up their rooms, I'd have second thoughts about the whole trip period b/c obviously you aren't that close!
I would just rent a room nearby and just not make a big deal of it, just let them know since all the rooms are taken, you will get a room nearby, you will be needing to get up to go to the bathroom during the night, and don't want to use the grass! You'd think your parents would give up their room so their pregnant daughter could get a good nights sleep.... Good luck!
I would just let then know that you will be staying at a hotel because you will not be very comfortable at 5 months pregnant sleeping in someones driveway with no air or bathroom. They should understand that. Maybe they will even feel guilty and offer you better arrangements than they are making.





Good Luck to you!
I would go ahead and get a hotel room and if they really want to make accomodations for you, then tell them they need to either give you a room to stay in or pay for your hotel room. At 6 months pregnant you have no business staying somewhere uncomfortable or without air conditioning in July!
do they know you are pregnent? Just tell them that you need an actual bed to sleep in because of the baby. So if they want you to stay with them they need to provide that or you will get a hotel.
Do what makes YOU HAPPY.... Being pregnant you need a bathroom, and AC... don't worry about them.
that is terrible! i feels so bad for you!


tell them either you get a room with AC and a bathroom or you will get one-and they will pay.


you will be 6 months pregnant, uncomfortable as it is, and you need a bathroom and AC for the baby and you. you have a human being inside of you, a beautiful baby. if they dont accept either a room there or a room elsewhere, i wouldnt go. and also, if they ever come to your house, dont go out of your way to make them feel comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment