Monday, August 23, 2010

Newly married, need family advice?

Hi,


I got married about 8 months ago and everything has been going great, BUT my husband is having some major problems with his parents. When my husband and I first met, he was extremely tight with his parents, (only child) and I guess now, he's not as close as he used to be ( even though we live 10 blocks away and see them at least 3 times a week). anyways, the last few times we were over their place for dinner, he would get into major screaming fights with them. what is my job in all of this? Family is really important to me and i dont want to ruin our relationship with them, but my grandma once told me i must never get involved between my husband and his parents. Should i get into the fight and speak my mind? almost 100% of the times, im on my husbands side, or should i follow my grandma's advice stay out it?





ThanksNewly married, need family advice?
Unless what they are arguing about pertains specifically to you, then you should stay out of it. By putting in your two cents when you really aren't part of the argument, you could just exacerbate matters and make his parents that much more upset while they are fighting.





What you should do is let your husband talk about the situation with you afterward, letting him blow off steam and get all those negative feelings off his chest. Show him patience and understanding and advice, should he seek it. That is all I would say your ';job'; is in this situation.Newly married, need family advice?
You didn't say what the arguments are about.


However, your grandmother is right. if your husband is arguing with his parents, the issue is between him and them - not you, him and them.





It's a shame this is happening, though. I'm sorry you're all going through it.
uhm.....just stick up for him when its necessary...stop visiting the parents for a while so everything can chill for a little
I think that if you were to get involved it would create resentment as you are not their daughter but daughter-in-law but i would encourage him to stop fighting.Because its not fixing anything,it only hurts more and pushes them further from eachother.If you wanna be anything be the peacemaker through your husband think of things he can say to mend the situation.He will thank you in the end. Because you seen things that he couldnt because he is too angry with the situation. Mend your husbands broken heart tell him that you have faith in him and all he does.Dont give in to the hatred thats obviously going around just love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment