Sunday, August 22, 2010

Help with family advice please?

I don't have the best relationship with my parents, mostly my dad. we get into arguments because he says i don't ';communicate'; with him about anything (school, personal, etc.). He gets mad because I talk to my friends %26amp; boyfriend more than him.





He keeps threatening that I can't see or talk to my boyfriend anymore because I'm not doing what he tells me to do. I can't talk to him. He yells at everything. I feel like crap with everything I do and I have no faith in myself anymore because I feel like no matter what I do, I'll just get screamed at.





My boyfriend says that he's going to stick with me and he's not going anywhere, and I believe him, but there's still doubt. My last boyfriend said the same thing and then broke up with me 2 months later because of my dad. I've told my dad this and he doesn't listen.





I just feel like giving up. I don't know what to do. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of feeling like crap. I'm just tired of everything.





I don't know if any of that made sense, but anyone have any advice?Help with family advice please?
growing up can be hard. But part of it is communication. If you talk with your Dad more, he will feel like he knows you better. If he knows you better, he will not bew so controlling (unless yu are a ditz) Also, boyfriends come and go especially in your teen years.Help with family advice please?
What does your mom say about all this?


You haven't stated your age but I am


guessing 14-16. I am sorry that your dad feels slighted and is jealous that


you are giving all of your attention to


your boyfriend instead of him. If your mom won't help then talk to your school counselor about your dad's issues. He sounds a tad too controlling


to me. Is there some other family


member you can speak to about this?


Please tell a teacher you trust or


your principal. I hope things get better for you. I am sending you a hug.
Ask your Dad for a special time that you can talk. Maybe you can ask if you can have a regular once a month Father/daughter supper out. talk to your Dad share what your idea about life are - if he criticizes them let him know that you will give careful consideration to his ideas - after all he has been around this globe a few years more than you. Don't blame your Dad for your brake up and accuse him of how bad he is making your life. He is trying to help you grow up in what is a very harsh and complex world.


secondly accept that you are still living at home and until you have finished your education and looking at being on your own you can not count on any relationship being long term - this is just the way of the world - even if you had the worlds best dad. YOung relationships change and people brake up it is part of the growth process
try hanging out with your parents. show your dad you respect him and explain that u wish yall were closer this will make him feel better. tell him you want him to get to know your boyfriend have him over for dinner. i know its gay being around your parents but i was much better off when i started doing things like that... good luck
Would it be too much to spend 15minutes of your time everyday talking to your dad? He might probably wants to have a close relationship with you and wants to know you more. You are growing so fast that he might probably doesn't want you to pass your days together just by being living casually together. Sooner or later, you would have your own life and maybe will decide to be independent, so maybe before that happens, your father wants to talk to you as much as he can while he still have that chance. Do you know how many children were being neglected by their parents? So, be blessed that your father are demanding for your attention because it means he loves you a lot.


Instead of taking his demand in a negative way, why don't take it as a positive thing. It is really not a big deal. I'm asking you to give it a chance and you would see, and I believe, that things would be more better for you, for him and for the people around you too. Good luck.
why dont you just talk with your dad? Your lucky your father is trying to communicate with you, I grew up with no communication. Its hard because I feel I will never have the answers to my questions... Your father just wants you to know that he is there for you.. So give him a chance your lucky....

No comments:

Post a Comment