Sunday, August 22, 2010

Family advice please help?

Me %26amp; my boyfriend have been together for a while now, but I feel guilty that I sleep with him and his parents don't really know me. I'd like to bond with them. Get to know his parents better, but I am an extremely shy person. I am shy because I was very close with my Father/Godfather and they passed away reccently. My mother is a very cruel woman. She constantly wishes me dead, wishes I was never born, calls me worthless, and she has hit me (only like 4 times in the past 3 years). My father/Godfather truly loved me and without them I don't feel safe. I guess that's why I am shy and scared of getting to know them because I fear of my past. How can I get past this and start bonding with them?Family advice please help?
you better go tell 'emFamily advice please help?
First of all you need to realize you are better than your past and you shouldest let anything hold you back. and you need to make sure that he is possibly the one therefore he will let you know when it is time to meet his family and if he is truly the one he will make you feel as comfotable as passibly. Good Luck!
i think that you should stop sleeping with your boyfriend until you get to know his family better. find out what they like to do and do it with them. then you should wait until you are at least engaged until you begin sleeping with him again.
I'm sorry about your loss...


Surround yourself with people who love you...take it slow. You should tell your boyfriend to plan something out. There's a chance you guys could get along great :)
While it's important to be on good terms with your boyfriend's family when you are around them, i don't think it's necessary to feel guilty about this.





Guilt isn't a very good feeling, anyway, and you're not a criminal. Those are the only people who have cause to feel guilty.





You have a certain type of relationship with your boyfriend and since you and he probably spend a good bit of time together, you know each other well. On the other hand, getting to know his family and parents will take time. No need to rush.





I'm sorry about your mother's behaviors toward you. You do know it was never your fault, i hope. If your past experiences are affecting your relationships with others, perhaps you could consider talking with a therapist. Therapy really does work when we work it, and when we feel the need. You are the only person who knows whether it might be helpful for you, or not.





take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment