Thursday, August 19, 2010

Family advice needed ASAP!?

I am the oldest. I used to get tons of attention for being great in school and athletics. I was never an olympian, but still decent. Lately, my family has been in very bad arguments about everything having to do with either subject.


My little sister is brilliant. She is in the same math class as me...she is two years younger and I am technically ahead for my grade. I used to be the family star at sports, but last year she joined an ';elite'; softball team, and this year was invited to a national volleyball tournament. My mom and Dad never come and watch my sports events because they land on the same day as my sisters most of the time. Today when I asked my mother why she said, ';I just like to watch the winners, and your sister is a winner. When you start winning I will start coming to yours.'; This crushed me. How can I explain to her that I am feeling like I am the ';mess-up'; child and that even though I might not be the best, i still want some familial support?Family advice needed ASAP!?
wow, that's harsh, try asking your parents if they could alternate who goes, or alternate going as a couple. Point out to your mom that you play on a team, and you aren't the only one who determines the outcome, but you still want to feel like your parents are there for you and support you. Tell that you were seriously hurt by what she said and that it was inappropriate to say after all the work that you have put in to be where you are and that win or lose, you are her daughter and deserve support.


make sure that you do all of this without whining or sounding accusatory, because they won't take you as seriouslyFamily advice needed ASAP!?
The way you have explained it here is great. If I were you, I would just say everything that you have above to your parents. They will understand.
How do you think your sister felt when you were the star of the fam? By the way tell your mom '; if you come i will play harder ';

No comments:

Post a Comment