Thursday, August 19, 2010

Family Advice PLEASE?

I am currently having some very intense family problems. I am 17 years old and my entire family disapproves of my boyfriend because he is another race. I am a caucasian and he is black. I admit i lied to my mom when me and my boyfriend first started getting serious, i would tell her im with other people while i was really with him. It seemed like she just didn't care about me after awhile due to the fact i actually lived with him for 2 months and she would only call like every 3 to 4 days. In the 2 months we lived together, we got extremely close. Were far more than boyfriend and girlfriend, he is my best friend. When my mom finally asked me about him i told her the truth. She flipped out and refused to even talk to me about it. She sent me to stay with my dad in New York for little over a week and shut my cell phone off. When i returned to my mom's house, she had shut the house phone off as well so i could have no way to communicate with him. Well I left my house one day when no one was home and never came home. Since my mom had shut my cell phone off, she had no way to contact me. She called the police and reported me as a runaway. I came home the next day because i realized what i had done had really upset my family. When i came home, my mom's boyfriend kept trying to physically harm me and my mom jumped in between it. Although my mom was keeping him from hitting me, he spit in my face! My entire family constantly tries to bring me down because of him. They told me im now allowed to come to family functions, im not allowed to leave my bedroom and i have no friends at all now besides my boyfriend. I go to school and talk to no one. My family does not realize that they are pushing me away. My 18th birthday is May 1 and i don't plan on having a relationship with my family after that due to the way they are treating me. I'm a prisoner in my own bedroom! I will do anything to get some honest advice at this point. I know some of the things i have told you about were very immature on my part but im a responsible person. I have already taken college credit courses and i'm applied in the most advanced classes at my highschool. Can you please give me some advice?











Also, i found an apartment me and my boyfriend can afford...Family Advice PLEASE?
You lied, you ran away. You knew what the rules were and you broke them. It sounds as if your mom is doing the right thing ans this boy is a bad influence on you.





Dump him and find a boy that you can be proud to take home.Family Advice PLEASE?
Leave your family because they are the one keeping you away from what you belive in. Your moms boyfriend is a piece of selfish crap. Get that apartment because your family is going to have the biggest loss they didn't plan on.
Well there, sport;


Fine, you can function in the ';real world'; with your momentary BF. Cool. Your quote ';parents,'; endquote, have instilled a tiny bit of wisdom into you, their CHILD. That's why you're here, thank God.


You already know that you have to admit defeat, and get back to their loving forgiveness.


Your advice is this: Stop being a huge Childish ***** and let your over-protecting parents Love you. And be a kid.
That is just wrong.





But Most parents are like this.





They do not want there kids dating outside there race.





I do not understand this.





Love is love it should matter what the color of your skin is or if you are gay/lesbian.





How can you tell someone they can not love someone?





You were not the immature one, your mom was.





I don't think that it is bad that you are cutting off your family because of this.





If your mom can honestly do this to her blood her own child then there is something wrong with her.





Don't be upset a bout it.





I felt the same way Like I was a prisoner in my own house.





I left at sixteen in the middle of the night I lived with my boyfriend and still do and I'm eighteen.





So don't let anyone tell you it won't last either.





Sometimes you have to fight for your happiness.





And it sounds like you are a fighter like me.





Things will be rough money will be tight but You'lll be truly happy.





It's hard though because you realize you have no one when your on your own.





My dad shut me out completely and my mom lives two hours away so I never see her.





If you have a great relationship with your boyfriend and you are both faithful and he is willing to fight as well and go through all this with you then you will be okay.





Just count the days until your eighteen. And then be gone.





Write your mom a letter before you go.





Get everything off your chest in this letter and then leave it for her to read.





It will let her actually hear your story and how you feel.





I hope things go good for you.





You may get lonely from time to time.





Just make sure you and your boyfriend have good Communication.





And also don't get married or anything just yet.





Just be happy and live together and see how things go.





Good Luck





I hope I helped!!!
Well, luckily you are turning 18. If your family is not accepting of you and your choices I think the best thing would be to move out =/ its unfortunate but what can you do? Sometimes thats the only thing people can do in certain cases. But make sure you are prepared if you plan to move out. Have a job, make sure you have atleast 3 - 6 months worth of money saved up for rent/bills/etc.





Also, if you plan to go to college why dont you stay at the campus? that might be cheaper?
your family need to come up to date in their thought pattern. Go to college, get a job and find an apartment that you can afford just in case the relationship doe sn;t work. And call your Mom once a week from another phone so she can't track you down and embarrass you in front of others or at your apartment
It sounds like your family is placing you in MUCH more danger than the problems that can pop up in an interracial romance.





We are all God's people. It sounds like you and your boyfriend have a deep connection. If you and your boyfriend can afford your own place, go and be happy together. Do call your local DHS and report your family's behavior. It is unacceptable!





They may not believe interracial relationships are a good idea, but you are almost an adult and you don't have to share their beliefs. Shame on your mom for allowing her bf to spit in your face. Report them!

No comments:

Post a Comment