Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need family advice, or just advice in general?

i feel that living with my mom and my little brother trashes my soul. it's basically me against my mom and brother. they team up against me and put me down. one time, i was outside talking with a friend and my brother ran out with his wooden bat and started beating me. i ran crying to my mom about it and she said 'i was on the phone'. i'm constantly harshly critized by her and my brother. i'm a good kid, i do well in school, i have a job, i play 2 varsity sports, i don't know what i've done to deserve all this hate towards me. 2 years ago i would've never thought to raise my voice to anyone or show aggression but living with my mom and brother has brought out the absolute worst side of me. and i hate it and i don't want to grow into it. i don't know what else to do, i try avoiding everything but i can't. i need help. i don't act the same way as i do at home. at home i turn into a monster due to my mom. and if it starts to show in front of my friends, i'd die on the inside. help :(I need family advice, or just advice in general?
where's your dad? maybe you could live with him. if not, then try telling someone about what's going on at home. it may be healthier for you to get out of that situation. your mom might agree that you can go live somewhere else for awhile... it also depdends on how old you are.





another thought, i am not blaming you for being abused, but there are two sides to every story. try to side with them if you feel like it's you against them and see if that doesn't change things.I need family advice, or just advice in general?
Your brother hit you with a wooden bat? Did your friend see this? Why is your mother letting him get away with physically hurting you? Sounds to me like they are both abusing you, emotionally and possibly physically. You need to get out of there fast. Call Child Protective Services and tell them what happened. Tell your school counselor and they will call CPS. Talk to your local clergy and they should call CPS. Either way, let an adult you trust know what is happening. Make sure that your friend will stand up for you if CPS calls. Then let CPS get you into a home with some people who will care about you and take care of you. Remember, no matter what anybody says, you are not at fault. Abuse is the fault of the abuser and it should not be tolerated on any level. Once you get out of this toxic environment, you can allow yourself to heal.
This is a big problem. I was in the same situation (roughly) and was NOT comfortable.





I took the wrong option. I rebbelled against her wishes, shoved it in her face and ran.





What I suggest you do is talk to your mum. Tell her that your uncomfortable because it seems ike her and your brother gang up on you.





It's most likely that if you say it while your brother is in the room, he will mimick you. I know mine did, but the point got across to my mum and for about 3 minutes, she respected y wishes.





Now that you have told her once, if something happens, remind her (and him if he's in the room, not by himself or he will mock you) and say that it's difficult to deal with everything if when you come home to relax, you are constantly patronized.





If something else happens. Tell your mum (sit her down with no brother around) that you want to go to family therapy.


They do actually work and if you are around people that you find intimidating (even if they don't mean to be) then you have a high chance of getting depression, then all hell will break loose.





If you don;t have time for all three, run to third base, but it will come as a shock to her.
Even though It would be hard try to restrain yourself from doing this infront of you're friends. Try going to a school Counsler or talking to you're mom. Tell her you're feelings and maybe she will listen. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment